Hometown Holiday - Holiday Movie Musings

A 2018 movie release (and the second movie this season I’ve watched which is based on a Harlequin novel), Hometown Holiday leans heavy on the “down home good old country boy musician” and “we sure hate city slickers”  at the jump. But it doesn’t try to carry that weight for long, thank goodness, which redeems it somewhat. Ultimately, while I think the casting is fine and the story is fine, and the writing lets the characters feel very real rather than scripted at times, it just wasn’t doing anything for me. I was kinda bored, unfortunately. And aside from that, it fell victim to the most frustrating failing of many of these “holiday” movies: Christmas is pretty much entirely incidental to the plot. 

It tries to do a lot and ends up not doing much. Do not recommend.

On Netflix



No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.