A Christmas Cancellation - Holiday Movie Musings


Yet another title with Christmas in it that is some wild bait n’ switch. The only tie-in to Christmas is super weak, and I feel like they intentionally put Christmas in the title to get eyeballs on it in holiday movie list aggregations, which is how I came across it thanks to Prime telling me it was a holiday movie. From the description:

“The fictional characters in a popular sitcom wake up to the realization that they're not real - and the show is ending. Now, with CANCELLATION approaching, they must find a way to keep the show going or they will cease to exist.”

That almost sounded like a whimsical entry for a holiday themed film, given the title, right? So wrong.

What ensues turns out to be a Kickstarter-backed low-low budget indie film which is striving to make a commentary on modern entertainment. It isn’t terrible, and the message is kind of interesting. But all along I kept thinking this must be a stage play someone adapted to a movie, but turns out: nope. But I think it would make a better play, and could easily be one given the limited sets and characters. The cast is largely strong, but the story needs a bit of a clean-up and kruft -cutting... It won some indie film festival awards n’ stuff.

Anyway, I can’t recommend it at all as a holiday movie, and I don’t think most people would prioritize seeing something like this over countless other more entertaining options out there, so I wouldn’t enthusiastically say “see this despite it not being a holiday movie” either.

Do not recommend.

Amazon Prime Video

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.