A Christmas Princess - Holiday Movie Musings



My initial thoughts were the main character was needlessly rude and unlikeable. And then she continues like this for a long while, but I kept watching because the actress was also good and still compelling on screen. When given a chance to not sneer at everything, she glows. An she eventually is given that chance and it redeems so much of this movie. 

Unfortunately, the unbelievable storyline (a Prince as the sole event planner for the huge annual family celebration?? And doesn’t have all the details worked out completely within 2 weeks of the event??! IN NEW YORK?! And somehow everyone thinks this is doable??!?!), the teeeerrrrrrrribble “British” accents from all the US cast playing nebulous “from a European country” roles, and sad sad set design and the Christmas decorations weaken this one for me. These sets and decorations in many cases are supposed to be royal family homes and ritzy hotels, and end up looking like generic, plastic, craft store displays. If we can also add in the kitchen staff GAPING at a new industrial kitchen appliance costing “FIVE-HUNDRED DOLLARS!” Made my eyes roll allllll the way back in my head. Clearly, no one who wrote, directed, or starred in this movie know anything about the restaurant industry. And finally, the Mom being entirely fixated on her daughter marrying a prince who they know NOTHING about, rather than encouraging her to follow her dream of owning her own restaurant which she is in the middle of trying to keep afloat? What year is this?

STOP with the terrible accent, Erin Gray. Oh right, Erin Gray plays the Queen. Erin Gray from the 80’s television adaptation of Buck Rogers. And her accent is so bad it entirely grates on my every nerve.

Anyway, it’s not the worst, but I don’t recommend it.

Amazon Prime 










No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.