A Christmas Wish - Holiday Movie Musings


FINALLY! A relatively obscure, actually GOOD holiday movie I can recommend. Made in 2011,  have seen it come up in lists before, but only got around to it this year, and I’m glad I did. And bonus: it stars the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Kristy Swanson; and supporting actor Edward Herrmann plays a delightfully gruff cowboy.

A woman recently ditched by her loser husband is left with no money, no home, and three kids to care for. She takes her 80’s beater car into a nearby small town, moves into a hotel, and looks for a job as she tries to keep body and soul together. What comes after is a story I can totally say is small-town moxie at its best: charming without straining belief, has believable and heartwarming struggles and resolutions, and has enough ties to Christmas that I can completely say it qualifies as a holiday movie.

Strong casting and acting, good writing, and the kind of feel-good we need this time of year. 

Definitely recommend.

Amazon Prime Video

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.