Digital / Electronic Board Games

We all know that nothing beats cardboard. Gaming is for many about the analog, tactile, physical experience here in meatspace, as a contrast to our increasingly digital worlds. But sometimes it is impractical (windy outdoor conditions, airplanes, etc), so digital versions can be a great boon. And the world of digital board gaming is getting exponentially better!
DigiDiced has been making some really cool digital versions of board games lately. Even better, they are releasing them simultaneously across iOS, Android, and Steam (which is also compatible with PC, Mac, and Linux/SteamBox), so accessibility across platforms has been stellar.
https://digidiced.com/our-games-2
Some of the games play online *and* locally multi-player, such as the popular Patchwork, Cottage Garden, and Indian Summer family of games. Even Isle of Skye plays local multi, which I was surprised to see. Others are competitions with the AI, such as Bohnanza, Terra Mystica, and Castles of Burgundy.
The portfolio isn't huge, but their implementation of these games are really top of the heap in my experience. I look forward to seeing what other licensing they can secure to continue to grow their library of available games!

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.