Christmas on the Bayou - Holiday movie Musings

 



Markie Post, Randy Travis, and a couple other folks star in this movie about Ed Asner being Papa Noel. I mean, that’s where I landed on this, and I was not disappointed. This didn’t come across my field of view until today so I watched it, and I can’t believe the algorithms failed me! Ed Asner is the bomb-diggity!

Typical story of a single mom, small town southern girl who moved to the Big City of New York, pursued a career that takes up all her time, and alienates her child. They decide to take a trip back home to grandma’s house (Markie Post from Night Court), a big beautiful colonial house on the bayou, just outside a picture-perfect smalltown USA. Of course there is an old boyfriend who considers her “the one that got away”, and her old employer at the country store (Randy Travis being as adorable as always) who would love to have her come work for him again.

The real treat is the little boy and his friendship with Ed Asner, a grumpy old codger who lives on the river. What’s not to love about this adoptive-grandpa kind of role for this legendary actor? I also think the dialogue between mom and grandma is cute.

You will find zero surprises in this movie, but plenty of charm and magic.

Recommend!

Amazon Prime.













No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.