Christmas Inheritance - Holiday Movie Musings


I have definitely seen this movie before, but maybe it was not since I started going Holiday Movie Musings. So I opted to watch it again and review it this time. Starring that guy who was an intern in the later seasons of The Office, and generic blonde actress who was apparently in the Australian version of Neighbours. Co-starring Andie McDowell.

wild little rich girl’s daddy realizes she’s outta hand, and could benefit from a little humbling. Sends her on a family business errand to a small town, requiring she not bring any credit cards and stay incognito—you see, this town is where the family business started and everyone knows them and their work. She has to take a BUS to the town. She has to stay in a hotel WITHOUT ROOM SERVICE. The typical “I’m so clueless, I had no idea there were places like this” tropes abound, BUT with one difference. The lead actress doesn’t get pouty about it. She doesn’t mistreat people, or get snotty and demanding. She actually has manners, and while a bit confused and put out, she never makes big complaints about it. She keeps her cool, adapts, and is still kind.

This is what redeems this movie for me. They could have taken the character over the top. In fact, every character in this cookie-cutter story end up being far less stereotypical and irritating than you would expect from the way these movies end up playing out. You end up liking everyone (well, save for one notable jerk boyfriend), and understanding why everyone acts they way they do. It’s...charming! Yet again, Christmas is incidental for the most part, but I don’t even mind. The world we are invited into feels like a holiday hearth, and I’m into it. (But please stop having Andie McDowell sing in every movie she’s in...)

For an unchallenging, charming story, I definitely recommend!


No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.