Did you see the original Star Wars in the theater?



I was just a tad too young. I did not see the original in a theater until the re-release. I slept overnight at the box office, along with dozens of other people, in order to get the much-anticipated tickets. Thanks to allowing unlimited group sales of the people ahead of us, by the time we got to the window, the first available tickets were at 11pm the day it released.


The night of the release, we got there 2 hours early and were still about 30 in line into our theater. We played card games on the floor in line until we could be let in. We sat in the theater and 11pm came and went. It kept being delayed and delayed. Didn't start until almost 1:30am. Turns out, the theater had only secured ONE copy of it, but was running the movie in all 8 theaters. They were literally running it through one projector, then walking the trailing end down the hall to the next projector and feeding it in. It broke several times in the process, as you might imagine. We didn't get out until after 4am!


I did see The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in the theaters. But they weren't as interesting a story. Walked right up, bought a ticket, went in. :D

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.