A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby - Holiday Movie Musings




I am a fan of the previous two movies in the Netflix franchise and was happy to see they had made a third. They made Amber still a bit too ignorant of royal protocol, and in general it was a slow starter, but it improved as it went on and I liked it in the end. Definitely recommend. Further musings if you care:

I think the lingering flaw is they made the assumption we “already know” these characters, and therefore, character development was dead on the table. So they focused on a sort of whodunit storyline. I feel like there is always more we can learn, including seeing evidence of how they got to where they are now. Like, how HAS Amber been getting on? Why is the cousin everyone hates still hanging around? There is a boyfriend kinda in Princess Emily’s life—how did that come about? Ultimately, despite the shrug at character development (or lack thereof), the story was fine, and the ending as happy as one expects.

Also--way too much make-up on Amber, y'all. Way. Way too much.

#HolidayMovieMusings2019

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.