Your 2010 Wishlist!


So a new student and friend, Kelly at Seattle Yogini, called me to action with her idea of a 2010 Wishlist. Oh I love this! A 2010 WISH LIST! I, like Kelly and I am sure others, resist the idea of resolutions, because they have become something to almost be mocked because they are so often broken. I don't want to make promises to myself I won't keep, which feels like a further self-defeating practice. Wish Lists sounds like goal setting without breaking promises! Thanks, Kelly, for the great inspiration!

As for my list, I will have to meditate more on it, but however cliche, I know being more healthy is high. I have eaten and DRANK wayyyyy too much in the latter half of this year, and my continued issues with my knees, foot, and back are surely exacerbated by weight gain. I want to feel strong again, most of all, and more fearless! Those were things I always valued in myself throughout my life, and I want to preserve that "Sharonness" through my late 30's, 40's and beyond!!

I also want to re-examine the role of my dance in my life, both in teaching and in performing. I know I adore it, but identifying more specifically what I adore about it, and how I can keep those aspects of my love for it without burning myself out. I want to help my students stay enthusiastic and connected, and that relies on ME staying enthusiastic and connected. Finding the right boundaries and creative motivations, and knowing when and how to let go seems the key.

Being more organized is always on my list. I can be stubborn with myself, and resist "busy-work" when it comes to my home and my finances. I would like to nip that in the bud with some new daily habits for self-care and simplifying.

Spending more time with new friends, and specifically friends who are creative, childlike, and fun-seeking like me, is another goal. I have loved nurturing my crafty relationships in the past couple years, and feel my dormant creative self re-awakening as of late, and I want to keep that momentum going, both inside and outside of dance.

Okay, now you!! What is your 2010 Wish List?

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.