HULA CLASS! Begins this Thursday!

Hello lovely dancers!

Just a reminder that the eagerly anticipated Hula series begins this Thursday, January 28th, 8:30-9:30 at Phinney Center. I am so excited to share this class with you, via the fabulous guest instructor, Kathy of Hokulani Hula! I took classes with her for a while until she had to change her teaching night, and I could no longer attend. So I am bringing her to US for one special 6-week session of Hula and Polynesian Dance. I can't recommend her enough!

Kathy will be bringing handouts for the class, and needs to know approximately how many students to expect. So if you plan to sign-up online, please do so in the next day or so at http://mandalatribal.com/classes/register and choose the Level 2b drop-down. If you were planning to just show up and pay the first night of class, please e-mail me right away to let me know you will be attending, so I can add you to the headcount so everyone can get a handout.

About Kathy:
"Kathy Hokulani De Aguiar is truly a star in the sky, a beautiful lady with a magnificent personality who is also one of the best Kumu Hula in this area!" - Northwest Hawaii Times

Kathy was raised in Kailua, HI. Her dance group, Hokulani Hula, is comprised of energetic male and female dancers who perform dances from Hawaii, New Zealand (Maori), Tahiti and Samoa.

About the Classes:
You do NOT need to be a current bellydance student of mine in order to attend these classes. In fact, you need no dance experience at all! These classes are open to EVERYONE who would like to come and learn, all ages, all dance experience levels.

$60 for six weeks of Hula and Polynesian dance classes
Dress comfortably in clothes you can move in as you would for any dance class. We will learn more about appropriate/dress costume for these dances from Kathy in the course of the series.

Looking forward to dancing with you!
-Sharon

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.