January 22, 2010 Newsletter

JANUARY CLASS NEWSLETTER


CLASS REGISTRATION OPEN
Registration is open now for all classes, including the new special session of HULA! Yes, Thursday nights we will be learning Hula and Polynesian Dance with guest instructor Cathy of Hukalani Hula. She is a warm, engaging, and knowledgeable teacher, and I can't wait to share her with you all.
8:30-9:30pm Thursdays.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE NOW

*Please note, Kathy's guest-taught hula class does not qualify for multiple
class discounts, so you must register for it separately and not as part of a
multi-class registration.


Lots more after the jump...



STUDENT BUSINESS AND RESOURCE DIRECTORY
If you are a small business owner as I am, then you likely saw a downturn in business in the past year and are vowing to find ways to make up for lost ground in 2010. I would like to do my part to help my students reach their business goals in the new year, and the first step will be to add a Student Business and Resource Directory. This will be a section on my website which will allow students to be listed in an online business directory, which will be readily available to your fellow students when they are seeking a particular service or item.

I am hoping this will increase our opportunities to network within our dance family, to help support one another in our endeavors outside the classroom as well as in.

A basic listing will be absolutely free to anyone who wishes to participate. So if you are interested, please get in touch with me and let me know your full name, business name, service/items you offer, contact information including phone and/or e-mail and website and I will start to compile the
directory. Here's to a successful 2010!


SHAY'S BLOG AND TWITTER
In 2009 I began a dance-related blog over on Blogger, to offer my students, fans, and friends a peek into some of my dance thoughts and life adventures. Not only will I be posting class and local event related info there, but I will be blogging about my performance experiences, dance musings, costume and make-up tips, inspirational video clips, links to favorite web haunts, new favorite recipes, knit and crochet patterns, and offering up ideas for discussion which I would really love for you guys to be a part of. Please drop by and check it out from time-to-time (or you can get it fed via RSS or Atom to your favorite reader, like Google Friend Connect).
http://thetribaldancer.blogspot.com/

I will also be giving shout outs on Twitter when a new blog post goes up, and will be using Twitter as an additional way to keep up on class and workshop happenings and random dance musings and tidbits. I am @TheTribalDancer if you want to Follow Me!


UPCOMING PERFORMANCES
2010 is already turning out to be a busy year for inFusion Tribal Bellydance. There are a few opportunities in the next few months to come see the inFusionistas shake our groove thang, including THIS WEEKEND!


Seattle Tribal Vibes Book Release Party!
Sunday, January 24th 4pm-6pm

*FREE* All ages!
Event includes performances by local dancers that are published in the book.

Skin Deep Dance Studio
2524 16th Ave S #311
Seattle, Washington 98144
MORE INFO HERE


Alauda - An Evening of
Freeform Bellydance
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30-8:30pm

FREE All Ages
Skylark Cafe
3803 Delridge Way S
Seattle, WA 98106
206.935.2111
http://tribes.tribe.net/alaudabellydance

6th Anniversary Party and VERY Last Pyramid Lounge Monthly Show "SUPER
MEGA-HAFLA"
Monday, March 1, 2010 8pm

Raqs Serpentine has invited back all the featured artist to take the stage for 5 min each in a whirlwind spectacular of unmatched pageantry and mayhem. This is a DRESS-UP party.
Suggested donation $10 - $15 at the door
21+
http://www.raqsserpentine.com/html/pyramidlounge.html

High Dive
513 N 36th Seattle, WA 98103
206.632.0212


inFusion Tribal guest performers at Capitol Club
Thursday, March 4, 2010 8:00pm


Enjoy unusual cocktails and a Spanish Tapas menu in a lush Morrocan atmosphere. Multiple guest dancers come together and gear us up for Cues & Tattoos!
21+, no cover
First show starts at 8pm.

The Capitol Club
_414 East Pine, Seattle
21+, No Cover



2010 WORKSHOPS WITH SHAY

Cues & Tattoos Festival
Seattle, WA
Sunday, March 28th

9:30am-11:30am
http://www.troupehipnotica.com/cues

FesTribal du Quebec
Quebec City, Quebec
June 11-14th

http://www.tribu-nataraja.webs.com

PLEASE NOTE: I had to cancel my workshop at Tribal Fest this year due to scheduling conflicts. If you would like to see me back next year, please let Kajira know! Write to her hubby and partner Chuck at mauimobilemusic@aol.com to let them know!

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.