Happiest Season - Holiday Movie Musings

I knew I was going to watch when I saw Daniel Levy and Aubrey Plaza in it. Add to that Kristen Stewart, Victor Garber, Mary Steenburgen, and Allison Brie, and it was a must-see. And...it was a'ight. As one friend commented on FB, a lesbian rom-com deserves better. I am left with similar feelings. Also, other than being set at the holidays to create the scenario of "bringing your partner home to meet the parents", Christmas was entirely incidental. Don't expect it to feel any specifically-holiday warm fuzzies.

Of course it has a happy ending. There's some decent dialogue. I think some comedic moments fell flat and they didn't lean into it quite enough to feel lighthearted at the moments that were supposed to offer comic relief. The tension felt a bit manufactured. But ultimately, it was entertaining, so yes, would recommend. 

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.