Accidental KonMari Part 3

The insidious trick of #KonMari is clearly in the little neat folds and beautiful symmetry. Case-in-point: we went to Lowes and found some perfect boxes to replace the ratty shoe boxes we dug up yesterday. But it changed the form factor slightly of what we had organized, so we each reworked our drawers a little bit. Then the last of the laundry came up and I was two pairs of leggings and two tee shirts "too much" to fit in the newly maximized, perfectly symmetrical little space. That meant two shirts and leggings I was "on the fence" about keeping immediately went into the donation pile.

Yes, he folded them specifically so all the logos and words were showing. Adorbs.
Also, I said "thank you" to some old troupe tees and a hoodie I was holding on to for sentimental value--they were worn and don't fit right, so I never wear them any more--they were just sitting in a drawer. Also said "thank you" to a few other schmumfy-but-outdated pieces. It is fascinating to me how different it feels saying "thank you" instead of "good bye". It reminds me of how my efforts to change "I'm sorry" into "thank you" has changed so much of the way I think and speak to others. Using words of gratitude rather than a negative or shame-placed word makes a difference. I am "talking" to my belongings a little differently today.

I haven't even read the damn book, but now I think I might have to.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.