Happy City, Happy World

Chris says everyone downtown is walking around with goofy smiles on their faces. He said his whole office canceled all meetings this morning and sat in the break room, "quiet as a library", completely and joyfully fixed on the proceedings.

I am now watching the start of the luncheon following the inauguration while Miss Wiggles snorts and snores next to me, and outside the new utility pole is FINALLY being installed.

AHHHH!
HAIL TO THE CHIEF MADE ME CRY!!!

All over the place on der interweb people are cheering with one joyful voice. My friends and I have been texting all day. I can't wait to go out and celebrate tonight!

But beyond that, I have been thinking since November about what I want to do to step up to do my part to keep the promises Obama is making on behalf of all of us Americans. In what way am I going to step outside my everyday routine, and maybe even my place of comfort, to contribute to the greater good? I am inspired to find a way to participate more in my America..Our America. I used to do a lot of volunteer work in high school and college--soup kitchens with KOOCS, teacher's assistant at a couple elementary schools, volunteered at the Seattle Opera in the education program, assistant teacher at a children's music and theater school...I enjoyed more truly free time and unfettered energy then than I do now. But I am young and vibrant and have a lot to offer. I feel like teaching bellydance has been a big gift to me, in being able to inject confident and joy into other women's lives and they return it a hundredfold. What can I add to my agenda...?

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.