Black Bean Lettuce Bundles


My delicious lunch today!! I could see heating this up, adding maybe some red onion, and/or adding a favorite meat to make it a shared dinner for two. There's lots here to dig into.

1 cup black beans
1/2 cup cooked corn kernels (I didn't cook, just fresh from the can)
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
4 medium scallions, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin (I put in a smidge more, cuz I like it)
1 medium garlic clove (I used 1 med and 1 sm, I wanted more)
1/2 tsp salt
1 head Boston lettice, washed and separated into leaves (I am just using green leaf, because I have it on hand--not as hearty, but it will do)

Blend all except lettuce together in bowl. Put in fridge for an hour to let flavors blend.
Place about 1/4 of mixture into a leaf and roll up "burrito style".

1 point per serving
4 servings total

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.