Mistaken identity...



So I wondered when it might happen.
I have noticed that I personally look a bit like a hairdresser myself with my new hair. It is always just so, even with very little work (second and third day hair is a breeze--jooj it and it's ready to go), and I would think to myself that I bet some people might think I was "in the hair biz" with hair like this.

Sho'nuf, today I went to my local beauty supply store to get hair products for Chris and myself, and the woman at the counter assumed I was in the biz and gave me the discount without asking any questions. About 50% off. Am I evil for not correcting her? Maybe... But I bought a bagful of stuff, and they got their money out of me either way. ;)

Show last night at Kolbeh was...lonely. The nice weather stole our crowd away. I remember this when I worked in restaurants. When I worked someplace without decks or outdoor seating, it was a sloooow night when the first nice weather hit Seattle. When I worked at Chandler's, which was right on the lake with two decks and a bar with doors wide open to the outdoors, we would get utterly slammed. Pretty much if it was a nice night out and you were on call, expect to be called in. So it was no surprise we had a sparse turnout last night at Kolbeh, just sad since it was our first time ever dancing there, and it will be about a year before we will get to perform there again. We had some stalwart fans turn out who made as much noise as they could muster, and smiled at us broadly throughout both of our sets. And there were some guests who I couldn't figure out if they came for the entertainment or not, but they also had big grins and clapped enthusiastically, so everywhere we looked, we had encouragement shining back. That helped a LOT. Thanks for coming, dear friends!

Looks like Miss Scarlet Rose might be making an appearance at Tribal Quest Northwest. I know some of you had been asking Paulette if she could squeeze me in to one of the events, and after seeing me perform at Breitenbush, they are asking for details on a possible performance at one of the evening parties. Deets when I have them!

If you have been looking for a chance to see me perform, here's your chance. I will be performing next Friday night, May 12th, as part of The Academy of Burlesque Student Assembly & Bakesale - A Benefit for the Exotic World Museum. Jewel Box Theater, 7pm & 8:30. Tickets available at BrownPaperTickets.

"With tasty Burlesque performances and delicious home-baked treats! Cupcakes, donuts, and cookies available for purchase, all profits go to the only Museum in the world dedicated to preserving Burlesque History!

Starring graduates of the Academy of Burlesque!
Ultra Vixen
Simply Steve
La Mystery
Pepper Grind
Lady Sparrow
Amazing Grace
Jo Jo Stiletto
Kitty Valentine
Bella Rocksafella
Miz Ginger Snapz
Miss Scarlet Rose
Ms Honeysuckle Hype
and the brand new troupe, DiviniTease!
hosted by the Headmistress herself,
Miss Indigo Blue"

It will be my Seattle debut of my newest piece, "Nice n' Easy".

Rot-o-Rooter guy should be here any minute to assess the backing up drain in the basement. Ah my glamorous life...

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.