Back update

 

Saw my chiropractor today. Basically last week when I started feeling sharp pain in my back again, I should have stopped doing the exercises he had given me to do. The exercises were intended to strengthen the muscles surrounding the vertebrae while it was in proper alignment. So when it came out (I couldn't have known this, of course), I should have stopped. As it was, the reason I was getting worse and worse all this past week was because I was making it worse.

So I got an adjustment today, and he remarked that the vertebrae had actually not only moved out of alignment, but had locked there. It took some work to get it back into place. But it is, and the pain is less now as a result.

But it basically puts me back at square one in my treatment, and will likely be a couple weeks before I start feeling better again. No twisting, no compression allowed. So unfortunately, I am not able to do Capitol Club or Med Fest. I am obviously disappointed, and feel awful to be letting my dance family down. :( THEY of course are completely awesome and have been entirely supportive and encouraging me to be gentle with myself. Renee especially as been a pillar for me. Love you, Nay.

The chiro felt awful that I had this setback while he was on vacation. He said had we caught it last week, and had an adjustment right away, I could be on track still. But it was just horrible timing, unfortunately. Talking with him about it was assuring, and I feel better today just knowing WHY things were so bad, and knowing it is avoidable and there is a continued plan of attack. I feel like there is a hopeful road in the coming weeks, which I have not been feeling since my pain came back last week.

I am blessed to have this family around me right now. My sisters. My students and their sweet e-mails. My Christopher and his gentle caring and making sure I am taken care of at every turn. I feel loved. And I love them all so much in return.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.