Christmas Recipes: Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes


I'm sharing my Christmas recipes that were a hit, starting with this amazingly rich and tasty make-ahead mashed potato casserole.

This seemed downright RUNNY when it was first mashed up. But with a day to sit in the fridge, it firms up, and when heated, becomes INCREDIBLY flavorful and moist. Everyone at Christmas was RAVING about it, and the leftovers I just had at lunch today were equally amazing.

I put the green onion and bacon as side-options, using only the shredded cheddar on top during baking. Then people could "load it up" like a baked potato with other accoutrements if they wished. Since the main oven was otherwise occupied, did this in the convection/air fryer oven on the counter, and it worked fantastically.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.