Halloween Display Happiness - Just Happiness

My third pumpkin carve of the season!

I got to meet our biggest Cemetery fan, Trace, today. His grandma brings him to walk by here any day she comes to visit, and he looooves the skeleton. He's gonna be Genji from Overwatch for Halloween (he has never played it, but his friend has it). They live just around the block and were headed home to add more Halloween decorations to their house.

More and more neighborhood decor is going up. Our neighbor, Claire, said usually their couple of skeletons was the most anyone decorated in this neighborhood, and she says we're really encouraging people to "up their game".
 
Another neighbor down the block, Brad, brought Finn by to see the cemetery again a few days ago. I asked him if they decorate for Halloween. Breathlessly, in the way only a precocious newly-minted 6-year-old might put it, he replied, "Yeah, but it's not at all as nice as yours." LOL I noted they had some spider webs out a week ago, now they have a GIANT web with a GIANT spider, a family of spiders on their fence, and a pile of rotting bones under their tree. Was that always the plan? Perhaps. Or maybe Brad felt Halloween-shamed by his 6-year-old.

Last night we had 12 people show up right at 6:30 for the projections to start. And just now, a woman and four kids came screaming up the street, and are cavorting around our cemetery as I write this.
Is this one of the best Halloween seasons ever? Yes, it may just be.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.