Bread Perfection - Sandwich Loaf from Baking with Jack

Chris made the best home-made sandwich loaf I have ever enjoyed, evah. Not surprisingly, it came from Bake With Jack. If you don't know Jack and you like bread-making, I am happy to introduce you to him and his YouTube videos. He has some great stuff. His kneading and shaping techniques are sometimes different from anything I had ever seen before, and the gluten cloak that Chris got on this bread as a result was pro-chef level beautiful.

The bread itself was JUST what I like in a sandwich loaf. Dense and firm, but so pillowy soft in the mouth. The crust, too, had toothiness and crunch, but nothing to cut your mouth at all. It was hearty without feeling heavy. It was just...perfect. Only complaint I have is it's just plain old white bread. I look forward to doing something a little more flavorful in the flour and seasoning department, but it was a first go at this recipe and it was brilliant. Highly recommend.

The holes in this part of the loaf were probably the most holes in the bread anyplace. The rest were more like the left half. So the rise and the folding/kneading really did keep down the holes for the most part, while still maintaining the rise/lift that kept it fluffy. Impressive.

https://www.bakewithjack.co.uk/blog-1/simple-loaf-recipe

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.