Conversations with Lawns

Conversations with lawns:
Homeowner: Ooooh grass, I'm gonna treat you soooo good. I'm gonna mow you and edge you and...
Lawn: I'm crabby! I don't wanna grow nice.
Homeowner: Er, okay...there's this...feed and seed thing they say will make you happy. Let's try thi...
Lawn: I'm not getting enough suuuuuuuuun!
Homeowner: Okay then, let's just trim back some of these trees and shrubs to make sure you get enough light and...
Lawn: I'm too hot! And I'm thirrrrrrrrrstyyyyyy!
Homeowner: Okay, well let's try a regular watering schedule. Wow, that's...a lot of water. But okay, we'll get you soaked nice and deeply so you're never thirsty...
Lawn: I wanna grow over HERE, too.
Homeowner: Well, that's the garden bed. I made that nice barrier so you could stay here and...
Lawn: I WANNA GROW EVERYWHERE!
Homeowner: NO! That's the gravel pathway! What the hell?! That's hardpack clay and gravel. Like...NOTHING grows there. I don't water that, there's no soil, no fertilizer, NOTHING. WHY would you grow there?!
Lawn: Except where you want me to grow. *patchily starts to die*
Homeowner: *side eye*
Lawn: YAY! PATHWAYS!
Homeowner: I give up. I'm taking you out. No more lawn. You're too expensive, you're too greedy.
*tears up lawn*
*replaces with xeriscaping*
Lawn: YAY XERISCAPING! *grows happily in and around groundcover*



No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.