PAX 2017 Day 2

Like every vacation for me, the midway point is when I start to feel a little sad. Instead of the entire thing ahead, there is Limited Time. So, too, with PAX. There is simply so much to see and do and four days never feels enough.


Today was upside down day. We started at the Olive 8 having brunch and decoding some PAX XP clues, then playing games in The Hotness. Got to try Dice Forge, Dingo's Dreams, and the most passive-aggressive game I have ever played, Magic Maze (photo attached of me legit playing the game as intended).

We usually do the show floor all day and then board game in the evenings, but didn't want to miss out on Olive 8 gaming as we have in the past. Still need to get back to Playtest NW, which is one of my fave things at GeekGirlCon, ECCC, and PAX since I adore meeting indie designers and learning new games with them.

After that we met up with Jamie and Val for a hi-hello, and then predictably hit the Indie Game Booth, where we got to take our first hands-on look at By Order of the Queen, which we almost backed on Kickstarter but didn't. I loved that the designer brought his pre-teen daughter to the booth, who explained the game like a champ! Then we commiserated with dad/the designer about our mutual love of Disney World (and continue to love that our Seattle Disney lanyards spark conversations like this!)

Already tired, but determined, we hit the PAX XP scavenger hunt for a bit, running into Val again and getting a leg up on a tricky clue track. Then off to the 3rd floor: our happy place. Had our sandwiches we packed and then played games from the lending library for hours, including playing Seasons again, followed by Eight Minute Empire, as well as helping people on the annual trivia hunt solve multiple questions. Darn it I wish one year I could get there early enough to find an envelope! I swear every year I help other people play, but never get to myself!

Decided to head home a little early to spend time with pups, drink some wine, relax, and plan tomorrow: birthday fun fun.

Haven't even been to the Annex yet, and PAX XP is there, so that's first. Playtest NW is up there,as is the Sheraton, which we haven't hit yet. We only got to half of floor 6 so far, and we didn't revisit some of the main floor we wanted to, like yet more Indie Game Booth awesomeness, let alone the ACT theater set up.

So much, and only two days to do it. This is why I get all antsy when the end is in sight!

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.