Instructor Bio - Shay Moore

Dance Training - Career Highlights - Beyond Dance

"The most essential thing in dance discipline is devotion, the steadfast and willing devotion to the labor that makes the classwork not a gymnastic hour and a half, or at the lowest level, a daily drudgery, but a devotion that allows the classroom discipline to become moments of dancing too."
~ Merce Cunningham


Shay Moore
"The simple truth: I love this dance, and I love the community that grows around it"

The reason I chose to teach this dance was because I wanted to be part of building a community here in Seattle around this beautiful, powerful, transformative art form that is tribal bellydance. And with the help and enthusiasm of students and fellow teachers alike, we have created just that together, and have reached far beyond the geography of one city to reach people around the world with the joy and empowerment this dance brings to our lives. I believe the core of tribal bellydance is not only based in our strength and technique as dancers, but also in our creative spirit and sense of connectedness with fellow dancers in our community and around the globe. I am excited by opportunities to help to guide other women on a path to their own artistic expression. I hope you will be inspired to join us.

Click here to read more about my training...


Shay Moore
"One of my greatest joys is traveling to other cities and sharing my passion for this dance with others through teaching workshops and performing."

I have had the honor of being hosted as a featured instructor and performer at some of the largest tribal bellydance festivals in the world, including Tribal Fest, Tribal Quest Northwest, and 3rd Coast Tribal. In 2007, my work was internationally recognized when I was nominated Instructor of the Year in the Zaghareet Magazine people's choice awards--what an exciting and humbling honor!

For more information on on my tribal bellydance classes, or to inquire about hosting me for a workshop in your area, contact me at shay@doubletakebellydance.com.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.