The Christmas House - Holiday Movie Musings

I loves me some sweet gay couples in these movies, and this one delivers, at least in side characters.



Our main character is a star of a popular TV show, returning to his family home for their traditional (and final?) Christmas House celebration. They decorate like the Dickens (get it?! I made a funny!), and are known around the town as the place to be for the holidays to see lights, decor, and displays inside and out. But this year, Mom and Dad reveal they are selling their house, like…super soon. And this is the last Christmas House, forever!

Other storylines: The brother and his husband reveal they are trying to adopt. Main character reconnects with this best friend and never-was love interest from his childhood. There is magic (literally, with Chris Gaultier of Eureka fame playing a local magic shop owner) and heartache and family and joy. Can’t say I was riveted, but I was entertained. 

Oh and while I expected the Christmas House to be dressed up excessively, I was not expected for a completely different house to have every surface decorated, including FOUR Christmas trees (that I counted in the background). Who casually decorates their personal home with this intensity? Intervention time.

And I just learned that there is a Christmas House 2 that came out in 2021; and Chris Gaultier is in that, as well as a movie called Three Wise Men and a Baby which I now have to go find and watch as well, naturally.

#Hulu #HallmarkMovies

#HolidayMovieMusings

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.