Da Internet Is Fast

My Instructables has made the rounds, and is now in the top 2-10 hits of various Google searches for "steampunk guns" "pirate guns", "steampunk pirate" and so on.
And two more crafty blogs picked it up, including Gizmo watch:
http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/gun-modding-steampunk-style/

Stay tuned for my next Instructable: turning a jacket into a cincher corset and crop jacket combo. Been working on it today.

In other news, we had our painting party yesterday, and we proved that the wood grain I did last week was not a fluke. And now Lauren and Befu have identical guns they completed for themselves. It was such fun, chatting and giggling and painting. YAY CRAFTY DAY! Chris finished his Maverick mod. And I am nearly done with my goggles, and made a spyglass for my Lady's Adventurer Kit

Original Maverick

Chris' handiwork


Cool accidental finish looks like rusted steel. It is great!!



Four different colors created this metallic finish on the barrel


My goggles, with the head-strap attached


The rivets are googly eyes!


The nose strap is held on by brads that are hammered to look like flathead screws


Original PotC spyglass from costume shop


With wood and brassy finish



In other news, I went to the Goodwill today, and got some cute, comfy boots for $8 and $4. I need to wear shoes more often, my doctor says. Might as well be cute ones, right?

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.