Cosplay gun mod, aging and gilding technique

 Yesterday I picked up a couple of pirate pistols from the local costume supply store. Since they are only $4 apiece (squirt guns), I figured I could use them for practice with painting techniques. And here is what I did:



Original gun


Side-by side with painted mod


Painted mod and closeups





It t'weren't too tough with a little model paint and rub n' buff. I know it doesn't compare with some of the spectacular work I have seen around the aetherweb, but I am proud of it nontheless.


I snapped a few photos of myself with the new gun, as well as anerf mod raygun I completed this week, and with some new costume items I just got from the mailman, but for some reason they wouldn't show up on my card! And I was all back in my super comfy clothes by the time I realized there was an issue. :( When I reshoot, I will post.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.