Shay's Totally Mundane Product Recommendations - Food Waste Bin

 I will never be an influencer, for many reasons. But a primary reason is my recommendations would be so utterly mundane. So here I am, sharing a couple awesome products I have enjoyed, which are very, very boring indeed.

FOOD WASTE CONTAINER - Joseph Joseph Stack 4L Food Waste Caddy

I have had many food waste container solutions. The most common one I see around is roughly the shape of a scaled down garbage can, looking like any minute a scaled down muppet would pop out of the top. I always felt that those were too narrow at the top, and larger food waste wouldn't fit well. They were otherwise fine, but just didn't work well for me.

When I moved into the new house, I tried an OXO brand one which was more of a tall rectangular shape. It was better, but had no filter or way for it to breathe, so everything inside would get very soggy in short order. And though it looked fine, it was a bit more utilitarian than I had hoped for something that will sit prominently on my counter in an open concept kitchen.

Some algorithm got me with this one, from of all places World Market. I found it on Amazon at a similar price, free Prime shipping, and would arrive a week sooner, so I grabbed it. And I instantly knew it was what I was looking for! It even solved problems I wasn't seeking to solve, not knowing there WAS a solution to those issues.

Firstly it looks great. The color I love, and the form factor is a bit more modern and sleek. The plastic is matte and sturdy, and the handle is stainless steel. It all feels very strong and well-built. There is a filter in it, and replacement filters are cheap and easy to come by, but check out the filter SYSTEM. It doesn't have giant holes where fruit flies and other critters are drawn to it. There are hidden side ventilation for intake, and the top ventilation and filter area is very low profile, under the brand nameplate on top. It allows it to breathe, but without the gaping holes.

But the solution I didn't seek, but was glad to find, is the rim which hides the excess bag hanging over the edges, AND secures the bag in place more snugly. They have their own branded bags which fit more precisely, but we use Bio Bags. The rim/lid lifts off, you put on the bag, there is a little hole to tuck any excess bag edge into to hide it and make a more snug fit, then slip the rim/lid back on. Voila. Looks great, stays put. And bonus, separating the lid from the body makes both easier to clean.


So that's my Very Mundane recommendation today. If you aren't into the Amazons, this is sold many other places online and in store. And there is a door caddy version as well, which is slimmer and hangs inside a cabinet. Go forth and cook!





No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.