Super Fast Easy Quiche Crust

I am terrible at baked goods in general, so it is unsurprising that I avoid crust recipes of any kind. I often keep a Pilsbury fridge crust on hand for when I want to make something with a crust. So I was very happy to find this recipe to be very quick to put together, and allowed me to make a quiche on the fly this morning. I am adding the changes I made to it to make it work for me.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
  • 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup canola oil (or possibly 1/2-1/2 oil and butter)
  • 1⁄4 cup ice water (my fridge door water was cold enough)
DIRECTIONS

  1. Mix flour and salt with fork. Optionally add some herbs, like dried rosemary, oregano, and/or thyme to the dry ingredients. (Could I add sugar and vanilla for a sweet crust? I think so!)
  2. Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to emulsify
  3. Add oil/water into flour and mix with fork.
  4. Press into 9" pie crust, trying to keep the thickness even as possible.
  5. Pre-bake/blind bake for 5-7 minutes to crisp up
  6. Fill with quiche mixture of choice and bake at 400F until done.

While we're here, this is the quiche recipe I made:

INGREDIENTS
  • 5 large eggs
  • 3⁄4 cup milk or cream
  • 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup cooked ham cubes (store-bought cubes for pizza toppings)
  • 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese divided (I used 1 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup mozarella)
  • 3 tablespoons green onions (I used chives from my garden)
DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Prepare pie crust in a 9" pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired.
  3. Blind-bake crust for 5 minutes if you would like to
  4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
  5. Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
  6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.