Valentine's Day 2009

He had roses delivered on Friday with a beautiful Rumi quote attached (a lot of flowers he sends with Rumi poetry quotes:):


"The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along."

I gave him a scarf I knitted. Actually re-knitted. The very first scarf I ever made I made for him, and it was kinda scraggly, and was pulled and uneven in places--he wore the heck out of it anyway, and keeps it for sentimental value. So I snuck it out of his stash and unraveled it and re-knit it completely into a much nicer scarf. It came out too short. He kissed me and wore it all night anyway.

We were out late Friday night seeing Coraline and having dinner with Celise and Befu, so Saturday morning we slept in. Then he offered to take me shopping for some new clothes. So we head to the mall and he patiently held hangers and purse and coat and generally lovingly pack-muled around, gave me his opinion on things I wasn't sure about, and happily ponied up on anything I wanted. All I heard all day was "Yes!" and "Of course!" and "Do you want to check this store out, too?" Ahhhh!

Then he took me to Best Buy and also bought me the Rock Band sunburst guitar I have wanted since Christmas but they were sold out of (and offered to buy me another video game I have wanted, but I demurred). Followed closely by heading to the store and getting some of my favorite cheeses to have a "cheese n' wine night" later this weekend (it is a three day weekend! WAHOO!).

We then had 8:30 reservations at Ponte Veccio, where we had our very first Valentine's Day dinner together, and we feasted on an incredible four course meal and two bottles of yummy wine, and talked about our last 10 years together, and what we want to make of the next 10 years.

Came home and watched Saturday Night Live on the Tivo and crawled into bed about 3am.

He is still sleeping, but I am about to go start breakfast for him!

I have a blessed life with my best friend, Christopher. Thank you, my darling love.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.