Updating (stomach virus/illness/thing)

Called the consulting nurse at my Dr's office yesterday, and checked in and got an assessment of where I was at. She suggested I try a half a turkey sandwich and see how that sat with me, and start drinking Pedialyte instead of Gatorade to cut back on excess sugars. So Chris bought the ingredients, and I had both last night. Pedialyte is ASS. I have to water it down even more than Gatorade. BLECH. The turkey sandwich was heaven. I wanted a whole one--the half made me hungry for more. But I kept it to half, and kept drinking my Crapolyte.

I am sad to report that I had a turn last night, for not so good. I went to bed feeling better than ever. I stood up straight, and wasn't aching. I had really good energy (presumably from the half turkey sandwich), and had only had to take my anti-spaz once and hadn't taken any of my other meds all day long. I actually peed twice without any other "action", which I have not done once since this all began. I had a fantasy I was going to wake up today even better, and raring to get on with my week!

Then I woke up at 5 am with my stomach in wicked spasm--a constant squeeze, rather than the usual brief waves. I limped into the kitchen and took all my meds immediately, and crawled back into bed, curled up into a ball and felt decidedly sorry for myself. This morning I am aching again and having regular spasms, and I still haven't been brave enough to eat anything. I know as soon as I tell Chris he is going to make me call the doctor again, but I suspect this is just part of getting into solid foods so quick (the nurse did say it was faster than she might have recommended, so I was prepared for things to not go 100% swimmingly, but Chris is all freaked out at every little thing right now. What can I say? He loves me?)

So basically yours truly will be missing yet another big fun performance due to physical limitations. This past year has felt like a huge test--like the world is trying to shove my limits in my face. First my back, and then my knee, and now this. I have been missing out on so many things, and it's really depressing. Universe, what do you want me to do? I have already been cutting way back on everything! I have slowed down, I have reassessed, I have rearranged, I have made deep cuts and changes in every part of my life. What more do you want from me? What message am I missing? Do I have to keep being thrust into depression after depression for missing all these things that mean so much to me? What am I doing wrong? Is it all just one giant coincidence?

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.