Sassy tribal? New workshop theme...



So I am ruminating on a new workshop title/subject. Essentially, the workshop would revolve around the idea that you don't have to be serious to have ATTITUDE in tribal! I want to teach a workshop on how to inject sass and moxie and power in your performances WITHOUT pasting on a serious mug. How to be upbeat and positive, accessible and even playful, and still exude control and strength. How to balance serious attitude with happy/joyful, the impact of movement and use of space paired with theatrical practice in facial expression to create a balanced show that runs a gamut of emotions you may wish to portray on stage.
Basically, a lot of people are coming to me asking about workshops, and somewhere in their request is a comment about how all the tribal they are exposed to is so serious and moody, and they aren't into that dark and aloof persona. They want to know how to do tribal (improv or otherwise) with joy and color and excitement. They see me and inFusion as an example of that style, able incorporate all those things without losing that queenly stature they admire in tribal, and they want to learn how to do it too. And that is the "gospel" I would love to spread!

What would you call it? How would you describe it/market it? Throw me your thoughts. And would YOU be drawn to such a workshop?

In related news, just pinned down two more workshop dates! April 31/May 1 in Chilliwack, BC, and June 2/3 in Mystic, CT. Have an inquiry for Madrid, Spain on the table right now, and would love for that to work out. My last Spain host-interest was years ago. *fingers crossed*

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.