No more Domba

From the Domba! Tribe:
Hello everyone!
This is a difficult letter to write and I’m not even sure where to start, but wanted to let you all know the changes happening with Domba.

It’s been a year of lots of changes for myself personally and a year of reflection on where to direct my energies and time. My entire year has been one of endings and beginnings in nearly every aspect of my life. Earlier this year, I decided to sell the Domba Studio in order to have more time for my family. My girls are growing up so fast and I unfortunately did not have the time needed to continue running the studio. The Studio needs love and attention to keep growing and I realized that someone else could better fill those shoes. So the Studio was purchased by one of our dancer students, Missy, who has kept it alive and well under the new name the Mystic Jewell. For class schedules and events, you can visit her web-site at www.mysticjewell.com

After the Studio was sold, other Universal events made it clear to me that my path is not with dance at the moment. My miscarriage during our summer tour of the UK was unfortunately the trigger to finally make me realize this! It has taken me a very long time to come to terms with this, as dance is my heart and soul. It has been very difficult to let go of, however, I have made the leap and have decided to formally stop dancing in regards to performance and Domba. I may still teach a local class here and there to keep myself in shape and stay connected with the dance community, whom I love so much, but the workshops, performances and traveling have all had to be put aside.

The Domba gals and I have gotten together and decided as a group, that the best course of action is to let Domba go out in the light of this year. We were nominated and won Troupe of the Year through Zaghareet Magazine and are so thrilled to have this beautiful award! So many big thanks to all our fellow dancers who voted for us! We’ve finally completed our first two instructional videos and they will be on the market later this month. We also finished up our second tour of the UK and Ireland this year and are so happy to have met and danced with so many of the UK/Irish girls! What better way to go out than with all this on our plate!

The Domba girls are still dancing and performing, and working on both individual and collective dance avenues. If you’re interested in workshops or performances with them, I know that all of them are all still very excited about dance and teaching, and they have tons of fun stuff going on! If you’d like to contact them, I’ll list their contact info at the end of this email.

I will also still be making the trademark Domba costumes! www.domba.com is still up and running and I will continue to sell costumes on-line and at Renaissance Faires, as well as at the Mystic Jewell Studio.

In October, I will be closing down the Domba Tribe on Tribe.net.

Many many thanks to everyone who has been a part of Domba throughout the years – either directly or as an audience member giving us your energy! There are so many over the past 19 years that I’ve been dancing! From my humble beginnings as a student trying to get some coordination, to all those who hosted us in workshops and helped form our direction, to those whose creativity and passion changed the course of Domba with their influence, and everyone who supported us in all our projects and endeavors. It’s been a lifetime of experiences and memories that I am happy to have!

Personally, I cannot express how much appreciation I have for everyone that has touched me over the years, taught me lessons, guided me and supported me. We’ve had so many good times and laughs and travels, and my life and heart has been filled with joy from it. The community that is created through art and dance has fulfilled me and made me so happy for so many years. My heart still cries for it, but I know that I am following my path by moving onto other things. I don’t’ know what that path is yet, and it’s scary to be out here in the dark with no direction, but it still feels like the right direction to be moving.

I will miss seeing you all and dancing with you, but I know that we are always connected through our love of dance.

Always,
Heidi

You can reach the Domba girls at:
Samantha: www.boomboombollywood.com
Gina: severina_demonia@yahoo.com
Joy: plantfaeries@yahoo.com
Sherry: sherryv@trueharmonywellness.com
Suzi: domba@cox.net
Haven (who has moved to San Francisco): whereisyourhaven@yahoo.com

They have been a huge influence in the tribal community, and will be missed...

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.