Attachment...

So in my recent readings into Buddhism, there is one concept that has been resonating with me. And that is the idea of not being attached to the outcome of any situation. The concept that you put things out there into the universe, and then realize that after that, you can't be responsible for it any more. Where it goes, what someone does with it, how it is perceived... In simple terms, you do what you can do, and after thatn, you have to let it go. And worrying about what will happen is not only a waste of energy, but isn't good for anyone around you. Tied to this is ideas of forgivenes and patience, of course. So it's a good lesson for me to be working on.

I am finding that when I tell myself "It's gonna be okay, either way. You may not like the outcome, but that's okay, too... Don't let it worry you, and don't get all bent out of shape if things don't go your way," I feel a little more relaxed and am able to only obsess a *little* instead of my usual *BUNCHES*.

You're all laughing at this point, I am sure. Sounds really easy and obvious to some people. But I am The Sharon. I am a Virgo, no doubt, and being tied to an outcome is part of what drives me! What I am learning is that you can still be motivated and driven, but that doesn't have to control you--your actions and emotions. You can strive for success and a level of organization and professionalism in your life, but that doesn't mean you have to be obsessed with it, or generally fret about it. You do what you can do...and let it go... Don't be attached to the outcome.

I am practicing *really hard* today.

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.