Missing Whole30??

Just look at the scandalous dollop of sour cream! Sassy!
While I don't miss all the work, I definitely miss how I ate on Whole30. The food was really good, and I was eating three solid meals a day. So today I am trying to resolve to re-adopt some of the behaviors I had on Whole30, like better food prep so I don't just reach for bread or a wedge of cheese when I am ravenously hungry, and making sure I have some easy breakfast options at-the-ready. The good news is, I don't have to be "compliant".

Last night I made my favorite recipe from Whole30: egg roll in a bowl. It makes enough for dinner and a lunch and is so damn tasty. I made it with the "compliant" chili sauce I prefer over Sriracha, but I could--*gasp*-- use store bought mayo instead of my own for the sauce.

This morning I made myself some chia seed pudding for the week to go with my granola and fresh summer berries. And I added cinnamon, vanilla extract and a teaspoon of honey! *pearl clutch* SAY IT AIN'T SO!

I have already done some meal prep recently when QFC had giant bone-in pork shoulders on sale BOGO. I cooked up about 10 lbs of spicy pulled pork and portioned them for meals--I kept the flavoring fairly neutral, so they can be seasoned for different cuisines. I can actually make pulled pork and veg bowls with RICE if I want. So rebel. Much anarchist.

I want to keep this trend going a bit and see what more habits I can adopt. Chris has said he would be into doing Whole30 again, or adopting a modified Whole30 as a lifestyle. I say great, if he helps a bit more with the meal planning (he did a BUNCH of cooking during Whole30, but mostly it was my leg work on assembling the menu plans, which was a bit tiring for 45 days straight).

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.