Whole30 Home Stretch

Whole30 Realness:

By this stage in Whole30, it seems a lot of people are feeling improved energy, gut happiness, improved skin, maybe a little weight loss (feeling like clothes fit better, not scale-weight), better sleep, and/or generally good about the struggles of the first three weeks. Some people talk about "Tiger Blood" in week 3 or 4--a feeling of high energy and enthusiasm.

Not so much for me.

I am broken out in weird ways, my energy is no different, my gut isn't really any different, and sleep is maybe marginally better if I am being generous.

I am sick of cooking all the time and not being able to just order a pizza after a long exhausting day, or grab a sandwich when I am running errands.

I miss making a little tea with milk and a lump o' sugar to soothe my spirits on a busy work day or during a stressful time (my mommy made this for me growing up when I was stressed before an exam or going onstage for a play or singing). I haven't had "my tea" in almost two months now, with my gentle ramping up I did weeks before starting Whole30.

I am tired of doing so many dishes all the time.

The meal planning is a part-time job, and we are spending a more on groceries in general. I mean, we ate a lot of fresh food to begin with, but this is...more).

The upside: I still like the food I am cooking very much. It's delicious and satisfying (if not a lot of work). Planning to have real breakfasts, in some form every morning, has been good for my hunger levels throughout the day, and is worth the effort. I am not sick of chia seed pudding yet. Trying new recipes and ingredients I haven't tried before is fun (mostly! Ha!). I discovered there is tons of awesome grain-free and gluten-free options out there that are damn tasty--I always poo-poo'd them!

I am curious to see what introduction will be like in a little over a week. Maybe then I will see what I am not noticing now? Some people report not noticing the ABSENCE of certain food sensitivities, but certainly saw the PRESENCE of them on reintroduction. So we'll see.

7 days to go. We are right now having discussions about what celebratory reintroduction we will have on Halloween. Wine seems an obvious one, but it may be something as simple as rice/grains with our meals that day. We'll see...

But right now...I am just kinda grumpy about it. Here's a photo of Benni's ridiculous underbite at us all to make me feel better.


No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.