Random Thought Roundup

I don't want to admit how dirty I let my makeup brushes get this time before cleaning them. Like...not even as a cautionary tale.

This year will be a big purge for me. The fact I feel anxiety about even writing that down shows how unhealthy my attachment is right now. Must meditate on this. Must remedy this attitude.

Chardonnay and Nut-Thins are NOT dinner, but they taste surprisingly good together.

I miss going to the zoo regularly. I updated my zoo membership and plan to go more often.

I am so grateful for awesome friends who go to the zoo with me/let me tag along to the zoo with them. This includes trusting me to be an auntie to their kids, or sitting on a log in the shade chatting about life. I am on a happy high today thanks to a lovely mother's day walkabout.

I am so giddy to be back in the garden this year. It has been 2+ years of not planting much, and longer since the last food harvest planting. Chris and I clearly love it so much, why did we let it get away from us so long?

In related news, beans are already sprouting tiny beanlets. Lettuces are gently lettucing more each day. Sage and basil are herbing beautifully. Yes, these are nouns and verbs.

I need to get back on my bike. Like, yesterday. I have only taken three rides in 2018. THREE. All under 10 miles. In 4+ months. This is dumb considering how much I THINK about wanting to bike. Less thinking; more doing.

Puppies are cool. So are husbands who think they are as cool as you do. So are mothers who understand your love of them entirely and Facetimes with you, on mother's day, about how cool dogs are.

Getting back to board gaming regularly is harder than I thought. Just not as much time, plus hubby's back bothering him. I am champing at the bit!

Studio ownership is no joke.

I am however enjoying the realization that, much like teaching, owning a studio has a "doula-like" aspect to it. You help foster other people's goals and dreams, massaging their ideas to fruition. I am loving this aspect of it.

By contrast, though...scrubbing toilets is not much like being a doula. Not the "good bits" anyway...

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.