Tracking our games, Tracking our shames

Thanks to Andria Wood's post on Facebook about buying ALL THE THINGS, I mused today about how we track our game collection. I wonder: do other gamers track their Wall of Shame, and if so, how?

A night at Cafe Mox where me and
mah gurlz met a sweet Swede. Memories!
I use the BGG interface to track plays, purchases, wishlists, etc. (when do we get the whole website updated??! PLEASE OH PLEASE BE SOON!!) Whenever we play games, I take a few photos of every game, including the final game state. This way if I don't get to updating my BGG in a timely fashion, I can go to my handy-dandy Google Photos and be reminded what we played, with who, when, and who won. I then select a few representative photos to move over to our "Gaming" shared folder where my husband and I both contribute pictures we've taken of gaming sessions to share with each other. It's a fun album to scroll through as a walk down gaming memory lane!

In addition to this, I also keep a Google doc, updated monthly with new acquisitions, Kickstarters (including KS page links and estimated delivery by month/year), and the ongoing Wall of Shame--that is, games you own but have not yet played; which in our definition includes games we have played elsewhere and subsequently purchased, but have not yet played our own copy.

Thanks to Andria's post, I was reminded I needed to be a March update to our games list. We were already developing a healthy 2017 Wall of Shame thanks to the holidays and hubby's birthday being around the turn of the year. But also thanks to flash sales, discounts, a local FLGS closing out merch, Kickstarters arriving, and ECCC, we...um...expanded some more recently. To be precise, 16 new games in the last month alone. *cringe* Worse yet (better yet??!), there would be more, but 6 Kickstarters are running behind schedule. And also? 20+ KS due in 2017 so far.

*facepalm* Can I get an Amen?

No comments


PLEASE VISIT MY DANCE BLOG!


On this blog I share my personal posts about cooking and knitting, travel and other musings; while I will blog about dance-specific topics over on the Deep Roots Dance blog:
http://www.deeprootsdance.com

I hope you will enjoy both my sites. Thanks for visiting!
Powered by Blogger.