1 lb mushrooms of choice, whole or cut into chunks
1 lb carrots, cut into chunks
1/2 a large onion, cut into chunks
3 cloves garlic, skin on
3-4 cups homemade poultry stock
Herbs of choice (I used thyme and marjoram, could use sage, rosemary, etc)
salt and pepper to taste
Set oven to 425
- Put veggies on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Put garlic cloves into square of foil, drizzle with oil, close into packet and place on sheet with veggies.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until veggies are softened
- Let cool slightly then squeeze garlic from its skin. Transfer veggies and garlic to bowl and add 1 cup stock, blend with immersion blender -OR- transfer to food processor and blend with 1 cup stock; work in batches if needed.
Continue to add stock 1/2 cup at a time to get desired consistency. (I used 3 cups for mine)
- Add herbs of choice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some crusty bread on the side.